Who we are
Our website address is: https://quirkinsurance.wpengine.com
PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and Maine’s Insurance Information and Privacy Protection Act generally prohibit us from sharing nonpublic personal information (NPI) about you with a third party unless we provide you with a notice of our privacy policies and practices describing the type of information that we collect about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom that information may be disclosed.
In compliance with the GLBA and the laws of this State, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of Cross Insurance.
We do not share NPI about customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted or required by law.
OUR PRIVACY POLICIES AND PRACTICES
Information we collect:
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from various sources including insurance companies. Information is received from you, or others, verbally or on applications or other forms provided to us. NPI includes your name, address, social security number and other information generally contained on applications for insurance. NPI contains transaction information including your payment and claim history. Credit scores or prior loss information may be obtained from a consumer reporting agency and generally, your motor vehicle report is obtained from a state agency or vendor. NPI also includes information we receive from medical records or medical professionals and reports we may receive that contain information developed from personal interviews with neighbors, friends, associates or other acquaintances.
Information we may disclose to third parties:
In the course of our general business practices, we may disclose information that we collect about you without your permission to the following types of institutions for reasons described:
- To any third party, if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional or insurance function for us;
- To an insurance institution, agent or credit reporting agency for either this agency or the entity to whom we disclose the information to perform a function in connection with an insurance transaction involving you or in order to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, or misrepresentation in connection with an insurance transaction;
- To a health care institution or medical professional in order to verify coverage or benefits, inform you of a medical problem of which you may not be aware, or conduct an audit that would enable us to verify treatment;
- To an insurance regulatory authority, law enforcement or other governmental authority in order to protect our interests in preventing or prosecuting fraud, or if we believe that you have conducted illegal activities;
- To a group policyholder for the purpose of reporting claims experience or conducting an audit of our operations or services;
- To a professional peer review organization for the purpose of reviewing the service or conduct of a health care provider;
- To a certificate holder or policyholder for the purpose of providing information regarding the status of an insurance transaction;
- To a lienholder, mortgagee, assignee, lessor or other person shown on our records or that of the carrier as having a legal or beneficial interest in a policy of insurance, except that no health care info will be disclosed unless otherwise permitted and information is limited to that which is reasonably necessary to permit that person to protect its interest in the policy;
- To a third party or an affiliate for the purpose of marketing our products or services with some restrictions.
- In connection with the potential sale or transfer of all or part of our business, we reserve the right to sell or transfer your information.
Your right to access and amend your personal information:
You have the right to request access to the personal information that we record about you. Your right includes the right to know the source of the information and the identity of persons, institutions or types of institutions to whom we have disclosed such information within 2 years prior to your request. If there is not a record indicating that the information was provided to another party, we will tell you to whom such information is normally disclosed. Your right includes the right to view such information and copy it in person, or request that a copy of it be sent to you by mail (for which we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our costs). Your right also includes the right to request corrections, amendments or deletions of any information in our possession. The procedures that you must follow to request access to or an amendment of your information are as follows:
To obtain access to your information &/or to correct, amend or delete information:
You should submit a request in writing to Quirk Insurance PO Box 795 Bangor, Maine 04402. The request should include your name, address, social security number, telephone number and the recorded information to which you would like access. The request should state whether you would like access in person or a copy of the information sent to you by mail. Upon receipt of your request, we will contact you within 30 business days to arrange providing you with access in person or the copies that you have requested. Upon receipt of a written request to change or delete any personal information, we will notify within 30 business days that we have made the correction, amendment or deletion, or that we refuse to do so and the reasons for the refusal, which you will have an opportunity to challenge.
Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security:
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Our policy regarding dispute resolutions:
Quirk Insurance 278 Main St PO Box 795 Bangor, ME 04402